Issues with Mobius and SampleTank on windows 8

I've been trying to configure mobius and sampletank but there seem to be administrative problems with win8. If i run mobius as administrator, it loads different presets than when i run it in normal mode. Also, whenever i try to use sampletank, either as a vst or a standalone, i get a message stating that sampletank needs administrative privilages and to close and reopen the program as administrator. I know some of you said just move back to windows 7, but I really like windows 8 besides this issue, so hopefully someone will be patient enough to help me with this risky endeavor.