Re: Issues with Mobius and SampleTank on windows 8

I haven't had time to explore this fully, but starting with Windows 7 they changed the way that configuration files are stored.  To the application it looks like they're in c:\Program Files (x86)\Mobius 2, but they're actually being redirected to a location under c:\Users.   This is sensitive to the user that is logged in, which may explain why you're seeing different presets.  There are actually two copies of the Mobius config files.

Try giving your normal user administrative privileges.  I don't have a Windows machine in front of me, but log in as Administrator, go to control panel and find whatever it is that edits users.  You should be able to select and add permissions to your normal user.

Jeff

From: kay'lon rushing <k3zz21@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:06 PM
To: "Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com" <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Subject: Issues with Mobius and SampleTank on windows 8

I've been trying to configure mobius and sampletank but there seem to be administrative problems with win8. If i run mobius as administrator, it loads different presets than when i run it in normal mode. Also, whenever i try to use sampletank, either as a vst or a standalone, i get a message stating that sampletank needs administrative privilages and to close and reopen the program as administrator. I know some of you said just move back to windows 7, but I really like windows 8 besides this issue, so hopefully someone will be patient enough to help me with this risky endeavor.