Re: Rép : EBow - active/passive humbuckers

Per Boysen wrote:
On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
Don't know why the top string on your active p/u instrument
responds less well, but the top string usually gets
difficult above the 12th fret.
Some damping from the bridge?

Might be just because that string is so thin?

possible, but I couldn't justify that with physics

Are things improved with the harmonic mode?

Interesting as well to experience excellent e-bow respons in this
instrument that doesn't have a neck pickup! Even the e-bow
manufacturer's manual states that the guitar should have a neck pickup
for the e-bow to work well, but this seems inaccurate according to my
experience with this bridge-PUP-only fretless.

I use a techinique which depends on  the neck p/u.
Always altering the position of the ebow around the p/u to control volume, and to some extent tone.

To use the bridge p/u I'd have to face the ebow in the opposite direction.
(because th p/u is too close to the bridge to fit the ebow in the gap)

Of course the ebow still vibrates the string whether there's pickups or
not,
the difference is whether you get to control that ebow overdrive sound.

andy