Re: Would love your input, stories, suggestions

I just wanted to play music - not fly the Starship Enterprise!

That’s my favorite sentence this year. As is this:

>> But so much potential is overwhelming my monkey brain.

It so absolutely describes the locked state I’ve been in for years now. And yet, the first thing I think when I read that 1st sentence is, “I want to see his starship!”

This is really at the heart of it though: As good as the simplicity and immediacy of acoustic (or other simple modes) of music making is for the soul, you  (the general “you”… “I” really) reach a limit. What you hear in your head can be so vast and intricate and diverse, and because you know the tools available to us now can get there, it is so, so alluring to try.

—Christopher