Confusion over "Looping" Was: Re: This looper list

Kim,
I have noticed a large number of people unsubscribing to this list because
they feel that it lacks any 'Loop" content. I would say that the core
members are very satisfied with the content of the list. It should be
pointed out that in record production terminology "Loops" are strictly
defined as drum beats lifted from records. (Now conveniently and legally
available on CD-ROM). They used to be called "Drum Loops". Also, "Looping"
is a film post production technique for replacing dialog.

To quote John Cage: "If you don't think that what I do is music, call it
something else".

Perhaps there is a better name for what we do.

-Chuck Zwicky