Re: Folk/Celtic Looping

Jon Grant, a few days ago:
> recall hearing a few things on this subject occasionally from some of
>our
>brothers in the U.K.  I'm interested because I've just finished an album
of traditional >Scottish/Irish/English music that includes some looping, as
well as traditional Folk >instruments, etc.

I've just listened to your samples on your website - they sound great, but
do any of them feature looping?  I can't detect any, but I'm also listening
on a lousy lab setup.  Excellent music - do you listen to Steeleye Span at
all btw?

Michael

PS Your album is entitled "three ravens" - this is one of my favourite
Renaissance English pieces!  Do you have the complete lyrics?  My recording
is a bit unclear in places.

"There were three ravens sat on a tree,
down, a-down say down......"

 Dr. Michael P. Hughes, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK G12 8QQ
     Mr. Griff raised his stunted barber's pole. "And where do
         you think you are going with your old black bag?"
       Grandpa said: "I am going to Llangadock to be buried"
       "But you aren't dead yet, Dai Thomas"  -Dylan Thomas
 www.elec.gla.ac.uk/~pycraft               m.hughes@elec.gla.ac.uk