Re: animal loops and the future

>more on topic, is it true that in switzerland the cowbells are tuned
>to specific
>pitches, so that the cows create distinct harmonies?

Only if the farmer buys them all from the same manufacturer :-)

>this could lead to some
>interesting looping possibilities. i picture a group of cows being
>herded about
>the audience in a finely-choreographed dance. guests would have to
>carefully
>watch their footing upon leaving the event, however...

Thanks for getting serious. Lets film this: Looping the picture, any
cow can dance. Or use a computer, we can create any beauty now!

>also in brasil you have some excellent parrots. here in los angeles,
>there are
>clans of green parrots (evidently escapees from the trade in exotic
>species)
>that make their homes in several neighborhoods around town; my
>daughter calls them "circular birds" because of their habit of
>flying in large swooping orbits around the palm trees...natural
>loops...

There are also spread  "flocks" of sad dogs here in the city that
comunicate through a big number of loosely synced (can you do that in
MAX?) bark loops that grow and fade, gamelan like...

I think I am going mad here... my head pulses... I just saw one of
this terrifically optimistic american films about a high tech war
against huge insects on some distant stars. People give their legs
and lives for the believe that mankind can win against those neat
creatures and their central "brain" worms... the corresponding power
orchestra film music has definitally no loops in it!
The only other kind of future films I remember are the ones where
technology did not win and in the smoking cities anarchy takes over...

*** Why can't we film a future that we would like to have? ***
Wouldnt such film sell much better even and cost less to produce?
As long as there is fear, there is no peace. The desire of domination
is the desire of security, the lack of confidence which starts at the
first lie...

Is it really mankind who has these ugly visions, or just a decadent
culture, or just Holywood?

... and during the comercials (really!) I switch to the educational
channel and a biologist explains that the monkeys invented war and
programmed their (and thus our) small brain to fight because the
females only want to be fertilized by the best...

How do we reprogram ourselves to get out of this cycle of suffering?
A profound brain wash?
Do loops help for this?
Are we doing the right jobs?

I am aware that I drift off topic and that it comes out wrong if
everyone post his doubts of a bad day, but I am also sure that it all
comes totally wrong if we dont step back frequently to visualize
where we are heading for!
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org