Re: Pro tools [not protools] (was Re: Defining "pro")

As I've been considering the subject some more, a comment comes to mind.

Many "amatures" buy gear because they are trying to sound "like" someone,
they're sure if they could just sound like..... then people would take
their
music more seriously.

Most "pros" that i know are busy defining their own sound, one that
identifies
them and is unique. They buy gear to help create the vision that is in
their
own mind.

I used to know this great blues player who played this funky old yamaha
acoustic
guitar. He had the money to buy whatever guitar he wanted, he was even
offered a
couple of endorsements... but that old yamaha had a particular tone that he
loved and that defined his sound.

What I'm getting at is this, does a piece of gear do what you need it to.
If
that's an edp, great, if its a boss pedal, fantastic. Use what works best
for
you. I saw this didge player over the weekend making unbelievable music
with a
piece of ABS pipe....

Paul Haslem
Ontario, Canada