New loop tool, sort of..

Yo,
Two nights ago I played test pilot for Rick Turner and an engineer from
Bose
labororatories. What the Bose guy was doing was creating some custom eq
presets for the new Bose personal amplication system, to optomize its
response for the two DTAR preamps Rick had a hand in designing and I did
some beta testing for, the digital "Mama Bear", and the analoge Solstice
preamps, both designed for acoustic instruments. I have to say that I was
blown away by this sound sytem and I was pretty merciless in trying to push
the low end, at one point dropping a baritone guitar part down two octaves
on the repeater, and I was suprised at how airy and transparent the high
end
was, not brittle or harsh, and how full the midrange was despite they
absence of conventional  mid range woofers. Stereo delay panning  freaks
beware: this is a mono system, and though you could sum your stereo in to
it, to get true stereo you would need two full systems, which would be very
pricey, as the system is around $2000. I will have a chance over the next
few weeks to demo it more, as I have only run acoustic/electric instruments
so far. I'm curious to see how my electric guitar and  modeling amp will
sound through it. I also got a chance to pickup a guitar Rick just was
finishing for Keller William's, a double neck six string acoustic and four
string bass on his Rennaissance body style. He is dubbing it the World's
First Loop Guitar, and it was really light and well balanced. he'll be
showing it at NAMM this January.
More later
Bill