Re: looping turntablist Christian Marclay

Yes, that was Marclay on Night Music.

That was the episode where the other guests where Pops Staple (noted
R&B musician), John Cale and Richard Thompson.  At the end of the show
they'd usually have all the guests play a song together, and this
night it was "Heartbreak Hotel" (the Elvis tune).  Cale sings a verse,
takes a solo on keys.  Thompson does the same.  Then Marclay gets his
solo verse and does something with two or three of his "modified"
vinyl scratching setups, and it's really OUT, while the band cooks
along on a slow swamp blues groove.  Then they cut to Pop Staples,
whose probably about 65 years old and you see him looking over at
Marclay with a "What the hell was that shit?" expression as he sings
his verse.  One of my favorite moments from that brilliant show.

TravisH