Re: oil can oil

Well... here's a Fender. The guy has acorns in his brains price wise! Or maybe he just lives too close to Wall Street.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Fender-Variable-Delay-Tel-Ray-Adineko-excellent_W0QQitemZ150092618517QQihZ005QQcategoryZ41415QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's the original Tel Ray on DaBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/TEL-RAY-AD-AN-ECHO-OIL-CAN-DELAY-REVERB-ALL-TUBE_W0QQitemZ190084506392QQihZ009QQcategoryZ41415QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Found these by searching "Tel Ray"

So yours doesn't work right now?

richard sales
glassWing farm and studio
vancouver island, b.c.
800.545.6846
250.752.4816
www.glassWing.com
www.richardsales.com
www.hayleysales.com
www.blueberryfieldsfarm.com

On 20-Feb-07, at 11:14 AM, Bob Weigel wrote:

The one I have here is a Fender Dimension IV. It's in really nice shape. One nick above the power light and very decent covering even. I looked into it years ago, found out the oil wasn't available that we could see and left it sat there; having looked over all connections and stuff. So while I can't assure there isn't another problem my suspician is that if you get the oil in there it'll work. I suppose there are bushing that let it leak out? Anyyway let me know what you think a fair price is if you're into it. These are pretty rare. None on the bay right now or in comleted listings. -Bob

Richard Sales wrote:

I just looked at ebay and the oil for oll can delays isn't there now. Was just a week ago.

It IS available. So here's one resource.

*http://jray1.tripod.com/
*
and another

*http://www.oilcandelay.com/
*
which will lead you to:

*http://p200.ezboard.com/btelrayoilcanaddicts
*
This is where I learned the tiny bit I know about oil can delays.

There's a guy on ebay trying to sell a Fender oilcan for almost 700! They're not worth that. A very rare Standel just sold for less than 300 (if I remember correctly). I hear the best are the Gibson ones and they fetch around $300 USD.

As you can see, I am - of course - interested in the project!

richard sales
glassWing farm and studio