RE: OT: compensation (WAS Re: Looping venue help)

Interesting reply Per,

I can see you point of view but again would argue there are many other people doing activities that take huge amounts of dedication and practice that also hold down a real job.

Much of the British Olympic team have "normal jobs" that subsidise what they do, heck, over here we even trust the lives of everyone at sea around our coast to volunteers in the lifeboat service. (which actually I dont believe is a good thing, because I regard saftey as a neccecity rather then a luxury)

My Dad keeps telling me, there are 24 useable hours in every day, I believe that those greats how loved their music above all else would find cunning ways to make money in a manner that still afforded the time to make music.

Just to reiterate at this point Im imagining a world where the value was never placed on being paid for making music not some kind of  governmen ban on payments

phill

> Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 17:06:29 +0200
> From: perboysen@gmail.com
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> Subject: Re: OT: compensation (WAS Re: Looping venue help)
>
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 4:23 PM, phillip wilson <phillwilson@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > musician, i just simply think if ou took away ALL financial incentives to
> > play you would be left with the people who play with a passion because it
> > means as much to them as any other form of interaction that we define
> > humanity by.
>

> Phillip,
>
> That's right, but I think you're leaving out one important factor
> here: None of these players, that love what they they are doing, will
> ever become absolutely fantastic simply because they can't finance the
> time needed for that to happen. That is my only argument, and the
> reason I want to pay for music when it's good.
>
> --
> Greetings from Sweden
>
> Per Boysen
> www.boysen.se (Swedish)
> www.looproom.com (international)
> www.stockholm-athens.com

News, Sports, Entertainment and Weather on your mobile. Text MSN to 63463 Now.