RE: MY NEW TOY

I'm not at all sure i would be able to hear the difference between a recorded amp and a recorded simulation. But I KNOW i can feel the difference between a modeling amp and a standard tube amp, modeling don't FEEL the same to play. And the amps I have are truly great, each one has it's own special niche of feel and sound as I said they are instruments, replacing an amp with a computer simulation is like replacing a guitar with a sample triggered in the laptop, in makes similar sound but it is NOT the same instrument. I play guitar and amp not guitar and amp sims, you just can't get a amp sim to interact with touch and position of guitar relative to amp.. different instrument, not better or worse.
As for laptop, right now I'm typing on a newish HP (compaq 8510p) and just runing vista and IE takes up around one GB of memory after a while... and all since i work all day with computer I don't wont a computer involved in my music, perhaps for recording in the future. But LIVE and playing for fun, nope.. computers are NOT fun - for me