Re: OT: uploading to Bandcamp.com

Guys thanks for brainstorming/echo'ing about this.  I just got the following from Bandcamp support (yes actually heard back!) which initially was in agreement that it was a server issue at post and in a sense still is but in the end and this is sort of 'egg on my face' kind of thing but it appears my issues were in my inclusion of a ö character in my file names.  My partner in this record Per is a fellow Swede, Peter Thörn.  I somehow got it re the domain name that this wouldn't go but I kind of minimized that re the file names.  I'll confirm this today when I try from work.  Just to share the feedback and let you know there are 'humans' at BC, see the following... Jim

Forwarded conversation
Subject: Re: (Case 126051) trouble uploading
------------------------

From: Bandcamp support <support@bandcamp.com>
Date: Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 8:07 AM
To: Jim Goodin <jimgoodinmusic@gmail.com>

Hi Jim, it sucks to have upload problems, sorry about the frustration. We've seen an uptick in upload failures and we're looking into it now. I appreciate that you tried all the different ways to get it to work, that's exactly what I would've asked first. The smoking gun is that it's hanging up in the "completing upload" phase. That means the file's successfully uploaded and we're doing our processing on it, before adding it to the track. In other words, I now know where to look, and we should get this fixed soon. I know that's cold comfort, thanks for your patience and keep trying in the meantime. It seems to happen more during our busy times (evenings US pacific time) so trying at other times might be more successful. Good luck with your music!  Joe