Re: OT: New MBP... or not? (Firewire still necessary?)

I'd like to cast a vote for Reaper, too...

Everything that Buzap Buzap said, PLUS, for those of you with older
gear, IT RUNS ON OLDER HARDWARE!

I started using it, initially out of desperation, when I was mixing
this (http://soundcloud.com/usrsbin/duomo-whispers-florentine-shadows)
and Garage Band started crapping out on me, Logic was too much for the
machine I had, and I needed something that didn't have to big a
learning curve. I run Reaper on a "October Surprise" 2.0 Ghz Mac G5
w/8 Gb of RAM (that's a 4 year old machine!) and I'm pleased to say
that it barely breaks a sweat with Reaper. I can use all of my VSTs
that I've been using for performance, only now I can use them for
studio processing.

As has been mentioned, their demo policy is VERY flexible as it is NOT
"cripple ware" ... I've been using it since November (which reminds
me, I need to pay for it next month!).

Definitely worth a download and a test drive!

Best,

Dennis

--
http://myspace.com/usrsbin