Re: What is the absolutely smallest drum-machine EVER!

mark francombe wrote:

> DER.. Er thanks Andy... Look up what a *patronising git* is... then
> you'll understand how others see you (PS: look up "sarcasm" and "no
> hard feelings" too, while you are at it???)

Now *that* I know already.

> Which brings us back to square one...
> Or square 2 actually... At least you can send a stream of commands
> seperated by a beat, and half beat a quarter beat (3 *ticks" right?)
> ... thats certainly fast enough for most situations...  a 16th beat
> being 6 ticks If Im not mistaken?

correct (afaik)

> Which just brings us to synching... obviously dependant on Xavier
> willing to do something with this anyway... which he might be more
> inclined to if I actually bought the fucking thing.. but I digress..
> The Gordius obviously KNOWS When it starts receiving midi ticks right?

It knows enough to flash it's leds on the beat, that's true.
It can't tell when you  started a new loop though.
It'll just keep counting from where it left off.

> So we need a command that says.. delay this thang till we reach a user
> specified division of ticks. >So really its just to say... START
> COUNTING!!!! OK.. he hit a pedal, now wait for a number devisable by
> 6.. now you got 16th notes dude!

you'd also need some way to clear the count appropriately

> Or am I missing something

yep, me too
I hadn't considered it could be done the way you suggest.

>and I should go back to the forest?

If it helps to imagine the following.

Just one extra Gordius command:-
WaitForMidiNote

The EDP is *always* putting out midi Notes at
Beat
Cycle
Loop
that's already in place.
(put the edp on ch 10 and feed the midi out to a drum machine)

the Lg *could* respond to them, either in order
to Quantise to any of those divisions,
or to use it to wait for a starting point to run a synced
and Quantised series of commands.

Which, of course, will do exactly what you want, and more,
be easy enough to implement,
...and be useful for other applications.

want?

andy