Re: Mobius scripts audio examples

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hook up with some "extreme soloist jazz" guy! When looping it becomes
> such an inspiring thing to simply provide a steady stream of backing
> chords for a monophonic cat to climb around. To both loop and handle
> the lead/melody function can indeed be a bit overwhelming for one
> single musician - funnily that was the reason I got into Stick
> playing; to get away from the need for looping and be able to do more
> instant bass-chords-melody instant impro in a solo concert setup.

Gotcha. I have my eye on a really nice tenor sax player -in Cuba right
now. We've talked about a duo CD.
I love that one with Bill Frisell and Joe Lovano & Paul Motian.
I guess my ideal is the way Frisell can get into and out of a loop so
easily (and thus, get through a set of changes). It never sounds like
it's 'looping for looping's sake'. It's always in the service of the
musical idea first.