Re: The old "1U MIXER thread" Once again for fun!

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 4:14 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
> Doing it more than one channel certain to produce problems,
> ...the channels with the "mute" button presses would all be shorted
> together...each of those tracks would have the same blend of
> inputs going through it.

Actually Andy, I kinda thought of that just after I hit send... its a
STEREO channel. so its very unlikely to be that easy...
The good news is though that I did an extremely high volume comparison
of the mixer "hissyness", I was sure that it was introducing some hiss
into the chain. It isnt.. I made a little exercise using my patchbay
where I could A/B by just inserting one cable and the mixer was taken
out of the chain.. no hiss, no distortion, no audible change in eq or
dynamics.. so... I think the logo on the front was affecting my ears..
I saw Behringer and thought.. hissy shit.. it isnt!!!

 Im very pleasantly suprised... PLUS I think you can daisychain them
if you want more channels...  This mixer is extremely cheap... I think
that this thread where I asked for alternatives ends here with me
recommending the mixer I already have.. Behringer  Eurorack Pro 1U 16
input.

still need a way to send to loopers without using the sends though .. grr

...what a weird old world!

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com