Re: More EDP synch woes!

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:35 PM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
I've got a feeling one of the edps has 8th/cycle=1.

It's possible we already discussed that as a way to allow
shorter cycles when synced.

...seems a bit familiar, but really I just don't recall

OK, STATEMENT:

EDP is simply the best thought out, if fucking complicated, and a bit hissy,  godamn looper ever.. thank you!

You are right Andy... and I have NEVER tried this... if MIDI=IN... the initial loop IS affected by 8th setting... Just incredibly obvious! I guess I was just underthe impression that the 8ths note setting was for dividing the loop for insert and quantised functions only... in which case a setting of 1 is a BIG chunk, but WHEN RECORDING FIRST LOOP with midi in, it gives you a small chunk.. GENIUS.

In fact a setting of 1 will give you a loop that is 1/8th of a bar
2 = 1/4 a bar
4 = 1/2 a bar
8 = 1 bar
16 = 2 bars
32 = 4 bars
64 is also 4 bars and so are all setting above this...

WONDERFUL

Im off to the manual to find out why I missed this!

Thanks again Andy, I am truly not worthy

Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com
www.ordoabkhao.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094