Re: software based phrase sampler

On Jul 4, 2006, at 7:23 AM, Buzap Buzap wrote:
 > As stated also in my mail addressing Aaron, I think a well integrated
 > hardware controller + software DO have a lot of potential.  Look at
 > all these M-Audio interfaces that work with Ableton Live.
 > Marketing and financing the whole thing - without the backing of a
 > company like Roland or Korg - is of course another issue... ;-)

Right, that's the trick.  Manufacturing, distributing, and repairing
hardware is a pain in the ass, and very difficult for an individual
to do at a price people are willing to pay.

If the device does something really complicated, like say a dedicated
hardware looper, then you can charge enough to cover your costs.
But people are not going to pay a lot for a footswitch that only
works with
one PC application.  And companies like M-Audio aren't going
to be interested in partnering with you unless they think they can
sell thousands of units.

Jeff