Re: Ninjam server

mech wrote:
> I think it's worth having a conversation with some of the experts, but
> before I go too far, I'd like to know how much interest there is in this
> really?  Anybody else like the idea of another Ninjam server out there?
> If we get one set up, is it actually gonna get used?

yes, definitely. Its just a wonderfull rehearsal space. There are not
too many opportunities for rehearsing free improvised music. It will
develop the skills of improvisers much more, because nowadays you either
jam with people who know each other, or you jam too sporadicly with
people you don't know. Jamming with very familiar friends is fun, but it
does not enhance your improvising skills...
This will allow to improvise on a much more regular basis.
And just imagine, now we would be able to play with four musicians at a
time which isn't bad, but upcoming technologies will enhance that a lot.
In the future you probably would not need a calender to organize things,
you just hop in, and choose a space to meet... (Like you can do already
with the official Ninjam servers by the way.)

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------