Re: DISAGREEMENTS and THIS LIST was: Re: distortion, overdrive,fuzz,crunc

I use my fingers too, Mark, and I'm not the best a math, and my wife also does all the finances in the house, but I kicked butt in logic at the university and was able to convert entire paragraphs of common language arguments into sybolic logic and tell whether they were valid or not. Math and logic are releated (Russell thought one gave rise to the other), and being good at one doesn't mean being good at the other.

If I had to take an educated guess, I'd say being good at math is sufficient to be good at logic (M-->L), but being good at logic is not sufficient to be good at math, in other words, not (L-->M), which means that L<-->M is not true.   :)  Otherwise, everyone person I found that is good at logic would be good at math, which is false (me being the first instance).

Kris

.. Damn... maybe I should have read Kris's mail to the end..

..answers are based on classic logic and rules of derivation - modus ponens, modus tolens, rules of necessary and sufficient conditions, etc   People with a back ground in logic, mathematics, or electrical engineering...

Well I failed maths at school, still use my fingers for all important calculations, numbers make me dizzy, (i ahve a splitting headache now from trying to do this quiz) and the wife does the money side of things... as to where I get my luck from.. really dont know, first time its happened...
Got any test yer luck quizes??