RE: looping and the public and categorization

This is an interesting debate for me since, as some of you are aware, I'm trying, (with little success) to sort out a looping gig here in Bristol.
I've aproached a number of "alternative" venues but they're not really up for it. My immediate response is to re-approach the venues with a genre, (probably ambient or chill). This flies in the face of what Rick has discovered, (and I take your points completely Rick).
One of the problems for me is that if you say live-looping then someone will immediately think of Beardyman or some such artist. If they think Beardyman and book us, they will be disappointed, if they don't, very often they won't have a clue what lve looping is and what they really want is to know what the feel of the music is. That's what I'd want to know before going to a gig too...

Peace

New! Receive and respond to mail from other email accounts from within Hotmail Find out how.